Tuesday, January 8, 2019

When scars trasition to poems..

Last year, I did a series of poetry films named  வடு (Vadu - The Scar), my poems from my published work of Tamil poetry 'Kuri Aruthean'. I made my poetry into beautiful high quality poetry films made professionally with the help of my friends.

I chose five of my poems, recorded them with recitation in a sound studio, added royalty free background music and released one by one in YouTube and Facebook. These poetry films had been screened across many universities and colleges and also at Schwules Museum in Germany.

Here are the poems:



ஈழம் என்றொரு சிதைந்த யோனி -  Mutilated Vagina called Eelam 



விதியை எழுதினேன் - Fate, I wrote



ஓங்கிக் கை தட்டு - Clap Louder, Thirunangai!



அம்மா! - Mother!



வரம் கொடு! - Give me the boon!




குறி அறுத்தேன் - Phallus, I cut

No comments:

Post a Comment